Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE Policy)
ECO is committed to providing the best possible working conditions for all of our employees. To accomplish this, our companies comply with all occupational health, safety and environmental laws and strive to maintain the best operations, procedures and policies to provide such conditions.
The safety and health of our employees and the protection of the environment are our companies' greatest responsibilities. Our managers are accountable for the safety and health of themselves and the people they manage, as well as the impact they have on the environment. Our employees are directed to take a pro-active stance in initiating and maintaining a safe and healthful working atmosphere. Our safe operating procedures are designed to meet or exceed all legal requirements and industry-wide "best operating practices."
Health, safety and environmental aspects of our operations shall always be considered as being equally important as other business objectives. ECO actively participates with all clients and other authorities in developing and promoting the highest industry standards. Management, therefore, must provide the incentive and full support of all safety procedures and training to maintain healthy, safe, reliable and environmentally sound operations.
Click here to download ECO's QHSE objectives and targets.
Our management and employees pledge:
- To be good stewards of the Earth by protecting and, where practical, improving the land and water resources where we conduct our operations.
- To promote environmental awareness and a sense of environmental responsibility in our employees, suppliers and clients, providing training as required.
- To communicate with governments and other agencies responsible for creating effective laws and regulations to safeguard the environment while carrying on vital resource exploration.
- To maintain the highest degree of integrity with our clients, government officials, and the public in addressing environmental concerns, being especially diligent to deliver what we promise, recognizing that public trust is difficult to build, but simple to shatter.
- To make environmental considerations a priority in our planning and development of products and services.
- To be especially vigilant when working in environmentally unique areas, such as tropical rain forests, wetlands, and tundra; or sensitive habitats of birds, animals, or marine life; and in or near historically or culturally important sites and artifacts.
- To require a firm commitment to environmentally responsible operations from our suppliers and subcontractors, especially those involved with the transportation or disposal of hazardous or waste materials.
- To demonstrate by our actions at every level, that our management and employees are truly committed to these principles.
- To be committed to continual improvements and prevention of pollution.
- To establish and maintain environmental performance objectives throughout the organization.
- We will be sensitive to local community concerns about the environmental impact of our operations and will educate the public in understanding the operation of our vessels and demonstrate how important the environment is to us.
Edison Chouest Offshore Training Center
A common thread shared by every Chouest company is the steadfast commitment to safety. ECO's state-of-the-art training center is one of the most advanced in the world. Staffed by Coast Guard-certified instructors, the ECO training center offers a wide range of classroom instruction, as well as simulated exercises in water survival, firefighting and advanced vessel control.
A Steadfast Commitment to Safety
It is our policy to provide each and every one of our employees with a safe and healthful working environment. In working toward this goal, continued emphasis will be placed upon accident prevention, employee awareness and health protection.
Employees at all levels of the workforce shall make job safety a priority in all of their operations. Our safety rules, policies and guidelines shall be followed at all times. Additionally, applicable safety rules and regulations of local, state, client and federal authorities must be followed.
Click here to view the Training Calendar.
Safety Bonus Point Program
Please click here to login and visit the ECO Safety Bonus Point Program website.
If you have questions about points or logging in, contact Darla Gregory, HSE Assistant, at 985-601-4444 ext. 51689. If you have questions about orders or merchandise, please contact Wayne Enterprises, Inc. at 1-800-749-0947.
Questions about the program? Click here to download the ECO Safety Bonus Program Policy.
Report Fraud / Abuse
Click here to view information on ECO's Fraud and Abuse Hotline.